In 2021 NHS Dumfries and Galloway will begin using Patient Hub to send most hospital appointments; this will first be used for dermatology with plans to roll it out to most other hospital appointments in the future.
Most recent Patient Hub updates
|Patient Hub Run Through Video now available here|
What is Patient Hub?
Patient Hub is a way for patients to receive their hospital appointment details online. It also allows patients to confirm their hospital appointments.
What do I need to do?
If we have your mobile number or email address on our system, we will automatically begin sending your appointments digitally.
If we do not hold your mobile number or email address, you will still receive your appointment by post.
How do I use Patient Hub?
The text message or email we send you will include a link to the secure Patient Hub portal. You can access the portal through your smart phone, tablet or computer.
You log in to your account using your mobile number or email address and your date of birth. You will then be sent a secure verification code to your mobile or email address. You do not need a username or password.
The video clip and guides below shows how the system will look when you receive your appointment.
What are the benefits of using Patient Hub?
- You will be able to access your appointment information instantly from your smart phone, tablet or computer
- You can alter your preferred method of communication in Patient Hub
- Your appointment information will be securely stored in one place
- You can automatically add you appointment information to your own electronic diary
- You will receive appointment reminders, which means you are less likely to miss your appointment
- It saves money for the NHS by reducing paper, printing and postage costs
What if I can’t access my appointment information?
Don’t worry if you are unable to access your appointment information on Patient Hub, you will automatically be sent your appointment by post.
Is my data safe using this service?
Yes. Patient Hub has similar security to your online banking. During the implementation of this system, Patient Hub went through a rigorous process to ensure that it met the expected data security standards required by the NHS.
What if I don’t want to use this service?
You can update your communication preferences in the Patient Hub portal. If you can’t access the system or choose not to accept your appointment on the portal, you will automatically be sent your appointment by post.