NHS Dumfries & Galloway

Help us to understand what we are doing well and where we can improve

Tell Us What You Think

Your feedback is extremely valuable to NHS Dumfries and Galloway. It helps us to understand what we are doing well and where we can improve.

Whether it is a comment, compliment, concern or complaint, we want it to be as easy as possible for you to share your feedback with us.

Usually, the best person to share your feedback with is someone in the team or service that you have been dealing with.

If you are unsure how to reach them, you can call our switchboard on 01387 246246 for contact details.

The Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) can help you to give feedback. They are independent of the NHS and provide free, confidential, advice and support. They can be contacted on 0800 917 2127 or through their website at www.PASS-Scotland.org.uk

Contact us

If you don't want to speak to a team or service direct, you can also provide feedback by:

Calling Patient Services on 01387 272 733 (or via contactSCOTLAND-BSL for British Sign Language users)

Emailing general feedback to dg.patientservices@nhs.scot

Writing to the Patient Services team at: NHS Dumfries & Galloway Mountainhall Treatment Centre Bankend Road, Dumfries, DG1 4AP

Complete the online form below

You can also share your experience anonymously through the independent organisation, Care Opinion. You can tell your story via their website at careopinion.org.uk or by calling them on 0800 122 31 35

Complaints about GPs, Dentists, Pharmacies or Opticians

GP’s, Dentists, Pharmacies and Opticians, are Independent Contractors and as such have their own complaints procedures and are responsible for investigating and responding to complaints made about the staff they employ, the services they provide and their internal procedures.  If you wish to make a complaint about an Independent Contractor you should write to the Practice Manager of the Practice to raise your complaint directly with them. 

If you do not wish to have direct contact with the Practice then the Patient Advice and Support Service may be able to offer you advice and support in raising your complaint. 

Only in exceptional circumstances the Board may be able to assist you in making a complaint about an Independent Contractor.  If you require to discuss this further, please contact Patient Services using the details above.

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO)

The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about most organisations providing public services in Scotland. Their service is independent, free and confidential.

If the NHS, whether the Board or an Independent Contractor has fully investigated your complaint and you’re still not happy, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at it.

The SPSO cannot normally look at:

  • a complaint that has not completed our complaints procedure
  • events that happened, or that you became aware of, more than 12 months ago
  • a matter that has been or is being considered in court.

The SPSO’s contact details are:
FREEPOST SPSO (no stamp required)
Bridgeside House
99 McDonald Road
Freephone:  0800 377 7330
Online contact www.spso.org.uk/contact-form
Website:  www.spso.org.uk

The SPSO have a helpful video which outlines how to complain to public services and includes details about the role of the SPSO.

Get in touch

Patient feedback is valuable to us, please feel free to submit details on your experience on the form below. 


    You can also share your experience anonymously through the independent organisation, Care Opinion.

    © Care Opinion, the independent not-for-profit feedback service