Equality and Diversity
Equality Act 2010
The Equality Act 2010 became law on 1 October 2010 and replaced previous anti-discrimination laws with a single Act. It simplified the law into a single source and ensures that everyone who is protected under law from discrimination, harassment or victimisation is afforded the same level of protection.
NHS Dumfries and Galloway, as a public body, are required to ensure that equality and diversity are embedded into all our functions and activities in line with the Equality Act 2010.
NHS Dumfries and Galloway are committed to provide an environment in which diversity is valued and encouraged, and to ensure patients, carers, families and staff are treated with dignity and respect.
We strive to provide the best care and treatment within the resources available, while ensuring everyone working in the NHS has the right training and skills for their job within a safe and clean environment. This cannot be achieved if there is prejudice, discrimination, alienation, or social exclusion.
Services need to be accessible, appropriate and sensitive to the needs of all service users.
No-one should be excluded or experience difficulty in accessing and effectively using our services due to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we strive to have staff with the right skills to deliver equitable and quality services. We are committed to ensuring that our employees are not discriminated against and are appropriately supported in the workplace.
NHS Dumfries and Galloway is committed to elimination discrimination and improving equality of opportunity. This page contains a number of documents about what we are doing to make this happen.
- DG Health and Social Care Equality Mainstreaming Report 2023
- NHS D&G Equal Pay Statement and Gender Pay Gap Information 2021
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2023
- Health and Social Care D&G Equality Mainstreaming Report 2021
- Dumfries and Galloway British Sign Language Plan
- Equality Diversity Programme Board Outcome Focused Plan
- Final Equality Report 2015
- NHS IJB Mainstreaming Report 2019
- NHS Mainstreaming Report 2017
- Equal Pay Statement 2017
- Workforce Data Report 2015
- Workforce Data Report 2016
- Workforce Data Report 2017
- Workforce Data Report 2018
- Workforce Data Report 2019
- Workforce Data Report 2021
- Workforce Data Report 2022
- Workforce Data Report 2023