Recruitment and Information Event
Firstly thank you for taking time to read more about our recruitment/information event.
If you would like to register your interest for this event, please fill in the form below.
Saturday 11th March 2023
Education Centre (2nd Floor)
Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary (DGRI)
10am – 2pm
- 09.45 registration
- 10:00 – Welcome from our senior team
- 10.20 split to meet the teams
- Home Teams (Community multidisciplinary teams including rehab and social work)
- Acute OT team
- Mental Health OT team
- Informal one to one chats and lunch
- 13.30 Tour
- Depending on numbers, there may be opportunity to get involved in social activities that evening for those staying over night.
The event will be supported by information on living in the region
Funding for travel of up to £60 per person and up to £55 towards accommodation can be claimed on production of receipts should you be successfully offered a post. You are welcome to bring partners or children to the event and evening activities although funding only covers candidates.
Who are we?
NHS Dumfries Galloway also known as Dumfries and Galloway Health Board is responsible for all the NHS services across the South West of Scotland. The board is coterminous with just one local Council, D&G Council and this joint working with other independent care home and care at home providers allows us to act quickly and effectively to roll out our vision of the
“The right care, at the right time by the right person in the right place”
As our Health and social care partnership continues to grow at pace, our AHP teams are at the core of many of the newly multidisciplinary teams created to address our vision
D&G are one of the key pilot regions in Scotland to roll out the new structure of HOME TEAMS which allows us to deliver our vision above. Unlike the Integrated Care Systems delivered in England the HOME TEAMs are multidisciplinary teams based in each of the localities all under one management structure and will be rolling out one computer system that allows the members of the team to streamline the care given and improve the service user experience.
Our community, social work and rehabilitation OT’s are all playing a big part in building and implementing our vision of HOME TEAMS and as we continue meeting key milestones, we would love for you to come and hear more even if work with colleagues in other directorates such as Acute, Mental health and Childrens kept updated on the progression.
See below some of the type of roles we are currently recruiting to and will be available to discuss at the event.
To support your decision we also offer
- Relocation packages (over 23 month contract)
- UKVI Sponsorship for those requiring it
- Starting holidays at 27 days + 8 public holidays
- Transferable service from England , NI and Wales
- and don’t forget NHS Scotland have recently increased their Agenda for Change pay scales by an average of 7.5% so starting salaries for a Band 5 is £28,384, Band 6 is £35,522 and Band 7 is £43,422
- Advance Clinical Practice OT – Band 7
- Team Lead OT – Band 7
- Intellectual Disabilities OT – Band 6
- Inpatient OT- Band 5
- Community MH OT – Band 5
Community – Home Teams
- Specialist OT Band 6
- Home Teams – Rehab OT
- x 2 Rotational OT posts Band 5
Please fill in the form below to register your interest for the event.
Top 3 reasons why to choose South West Scotland?
Cost of Living
In most cases the cost of Living in Dumfries and Galloway is cheaper than most parts of the UK.
Why not compare where you live by using the comparison website Livingcost.org
Healthcare in Scotland is free
- Your local Doctor- appointments and treatments are free.
- Opticians – You will receive free eye sight examinations.
- Dentists – in the region practice both on the NHS (free) and private bases (monthly charge).
- Pharmacies – general prescriptions are free in Scotland.
- Hospital appointments and hospital emergency departments are also free of charge.
- Dumfries & Galloway offers excellent options for your childrens’ education.
- With smaller class sizes than many areas, pupils get a positive learning experience.
- Students who live in Scotland can get their university tuition fees completely covered once they have lived
in Scotland for three years.